RA Checksum: 5d29999685413c4d2bec10d3160f6ee6
CRC32 Checksum: 1B39CDAB

Resources:
GameFAQs
Longplay
Wikipedia

Zigouigoui
Posted: 23 Jun, 2015 15:58
An achievement like "complete the bestiary" couldn't be better than all the "kill a blue dragon" "kill a red dragon" "kill a two-head dragon"? Also I don't find the "get level 99 challenge" really fun for a game easy to end at level 50.

cisco5005
Posted: 25 Jun, 2015 20:23
Last Edit: 26 Jun, 2015 03:12
Achievements about Garland didn't work ?

Zigouigoui
Posted: 26 Jun, 2015 14:35
I see that achievement had work, did you know what was the problem?

cisco5005
Posted: 03 Jul, 2015 20:40
yes i solve the problem, we have to play on the us version for this game ( i was on europe version ).

Dexterspet
Posted: 05 Oct, 2015 08:27
Swapped out the title shot, in-game shot, and boxart for more fitting images without watermarks. Swapped out the game icon for a custom-made one that I think looks better than the shrunken title screen. Edited a few code notes to signify certain FF1 and FF2 blocks so to not get confused.

I'll be working on FF2/Rebirth stuff here to finish this set, it's gone incomplete for a bit too long. Any challenge suggestions [Speedruns, low level, etc] might help. I'm kinda worried about FF1 achievements popping in FF2 and vice versa, but from what I've played so far it seems to be fine.

dude1286
Posted: 05 Oct, 2015 16:26
I personally prefer to keep speedrunning out of RPGs like FF, due to the games being long and the player can miss things if attempting that achievement the first time through. Leaderboards should be used for speedrunning and low level runs.

Maybe making a few cheevos were the player only uses one or two attacks to defeat a certain boss would be interesting.

EvilAaron
Posted: 07 Oct, 2015 21:04
Be so great to have the FFII half of this complete, by many considered the best version of FFII to play. I just fired this up the other day and was sad to realize only FFI half was done, I appreciate your efforts :)

SirVG
Posted: 29 Oct, 2015 08:10
I don't know who was last editing the achievements for FF1, but seriously, thank you for screwing them up. You've really made my farking day.

Dexterspet
Posted: 29 Oct, 2015 13:51
I edited one or two to test some stability, but I put them back the way they were when I was done. I suppose the edits you are speaking of are the reason they keep triggering when idling at the title screen. I was hoping to find a replacement for a388 as a stability value eventually, assuming that's what it is, one that's different for FF2, the title and FF1 so no chance of triggering when not in the correct game and I think I have one, but wouldn't put them in until I finish a run through each game to make sure it's stable.

I assume the incorrect edits are changing the slain counters to 8bit instead of 16bit, they weren't like that last time I looked at them.

dude1286
Posted: 29 Oct, 2015 14:55
I'm sorry Sir, I had changed them due to a problem that I had when going through the game. If the player never looks at the Bestiary, then the player will not have any problems. But, when the player goes in and looks at the monsters in the Bestiary, the achievements can break.

A line of RAM when the player never looks at the Bestiary:
0000 0001 0002 0000 0004 0001 0000 0002

A line of RAM when the player looks into the Bestiary:
8000 0001 8002 8000 0004 0001 8000 0002

The next address is affected when the player looks at a Monster's page, thus causing a problem when only checking for the 16-bit address to be equal to 1. I didn't know there were problems with the 8-bit address that way, so that means that the achievements may need to be changed to using two Alts, one for equaling 0x1, and one equaling 0x8001.

Sigil
Posted: 07 Nov, 2015 23:17
Are there plans for FF2 achievs?

Dexterspet
Posted: 08 Nov, 2015 00:21
Yeah I got everything I should need except bestiary addresses but I haven't been feeling too well lately so I've been putting it off. Plan to do it first thing when I feel better though.

HoundBlue
Posted: 20 Nov, 2015 16:35
Still waiting for Final Fantasy 2 achievements. Good luck!

Dexterspet
Posted: 25 Nov, 2015 09:01
Last Edit: 26 Nov, 2015 06:20
Changed the code of the FF1 achievements, hopefully to fix everything that was popping wrongly. I've made these decisions based on my experience observing the memory of FF2 and a bit of FF1, while trying my darndest to get them to pop incorrectly multiple times throughout. Tried both waiting at title screen obscenely long and playing a bit of the opposite game.

-I moved all the stability addresses (a388) over one (a387) and made it 16bit instead of 8bit as that section seems to stay static while playing FF1 (It's the chest block/event item gets for FF2 and the address picked here will not be 0 until at least the final dungeon, maybe. Definitely not before it and even then the bestiary counts for FF1 don't change very much at all throughout the game)

-Created alts for the slain counters, it can now be 8001 or 01 for bosses as described by above. They are 16bit and should now be way more stable than the way it was as 8bit. 16bit 8001 and 01 seem to be super stable for title screen because it starts out at 7fff and counts down to some arbitrary number, doesn't seem to get close to either.

I actually didn't touch the slain counters coded in the Nightmare and Dragon/Tyrannosaur achievements, as they check for a range of numbers. Further problems with these achievements may occur. Still moved the stability for them. (It would appear screwing around in the bestiary in an odd fashion will trigger at least one of these, but that isn't too big of an issue to be worth hunting for better addresses.)

EDIT: added extra stability to tyranosaur because it kept triggering when navigating title menus.

EDIT EDIT: Just added another 8 bit address (a386, right next to the other two) to all FF1 achievements as that one is NEVER equal to 0 during FF2 main game. Some achievements were popping during the ending of FF2 due to the current 16bit stability being active at the very end of FF2 main game. Mostly the ones with the range of values, but Evil Eye did as well. Seems that one likes popping whenever it wants relative to the others.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Changed capitalization as well as some sentence structure, and added periods in the FF1 achievements for consistency.

Further Edit: Aaaaaaah added the tyranosaur stability value to some others that popped after returning to title post-Rebirth credits. Am gonna do a quick run-through of FF1 to make sure this value doesn't change and will add to others if it doesn't.

I didn't touch any values other than this, as I'm sure they have reason for being how they are. If anything needs changed back due to my ignorance in some area it should be really easy to do so. FF2 achievements are also SUPER close to being done and should be up within the week.
Page: 1 2 3 >

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account