RA Checksum: 9e819acd3bff5bd1a965d747fa01fe85
CRC32 Checksum: 11577833

Resources:
GameFAQs
Longplay
Wikipedia

Thoreau
Posted: 04 Jul, 2018 08:34
This was the #6 game with most open tickets on the site (20), I just solved every one of them, ended up revising the code for the whole set. Hope everything works fine now.

PKstarship
Posted: 05 Aug, 2018 03:15
Last Edit: 18 Aug, 2018 22:03
Some achievement ideas, some might not be feasible but i figure i'll try throwing them out anyways

-perform a T-spin double (might not be possible due to the game not explicitly checking for T-spins) (name: Super Rotation)
-Finish a game of 40 lines with only tetrises (possible name: decatetris)
-Win a round (or set) against the Easy CPU opponent without getting any tetrises (name: Tetrisless)
-clear 1000/2500 lines on a file (names: Line Clearer and Line Destroyer)
-Pass over 1500/2000 power on a file (the counter might go higher but I've not ever surpassed 2300 myself i think) (names: I Have The Power and Unlimited Power)
-Hold a piece in the air for 30 seconds (name: Infinite Loop)
-Stay in the top 4 rows of the screen for a minute without failing (or if this isn't easily possible, perhaps an achievement for making 10 lines in the top 4 rows in a single game) (Keeping your Cool)
-Go from being in the top 4 rows all the way down to the bottom 4 rows (Recovery Master)
-Starting at level 9, get at least 200,000 points in Marathon before background change (at 100 lines) (name: Points Hoarder)
-Clear 5/10/15 levels in Marathon with the "next piece" display off (could also have a separate leaderboard possibly?) (names: Blind Fumbling, Blind Playthrough, and Blind Conquering)
-finish 40 lines with next piece display off in under 3 minutes (name: Blind Speedrun)
-beat the easy CPU with next piece display off (name: Playing With a Handicap)
-Clear 40 lines in a VS. CPU round (name: 40 Lines: VS. Edition)
-Get an All Clear in Marathon (Perfect Clear!)

Not so serious ideas:

-Perform the secret grade grandmaster build partially, possibly up to the opposite wall or just a bit past it. (in case you're not aware of the general build: https://youtube.com/watch?v=2Y76F1heFC0 (name: Not Quite a Grandmaster)
-listen to the songs in the song select screen for a little bit (name: Gameboy is the new iPod)
-view all 3 demos and screensavers (name: Wasting Time)
-Hoard I pieces in the bottom 4 blocks, possibly clear a tetris comprised entirely of I blocks (example: https://youtube.com/watch?v=cvv27X0gTWs ). Only downside is it pretty much requires an I piece to start the build (name: Tetris Deluxe)

Leaderboards:

-Marathon score (single sitting possibly, the game has a save feature so you could possibly get the maximum 10 million in a handful of sittings)
-Ultra score (9 speed)
-Ultra Line Clear amount (9 speed)
-40 Lines time (9 speed, one for each height)
-Possibly time-based leaderboards for the VS. CPU difficulties?
-Possibly a leaderboard for amount of Tetrises in a Marathon game (a T-spin leaderboard could also be fun)

I put a lot of thought into making different ideas for achievements for this. All the tetris games currently have very basic sets (get to X level, get X amount of points overall, etc), but I feel that this game could stand to possibly have some more complex, challenging, and overall interesting achievements, especially since it's a lot more lenient and easy to control than the other titles (due to lock time and fast DAS).

Thoreau
Posted: 18 Aug, 2018 20:24
Coded all cheevos suggested by , they're currently in unofficial. Only exception is "Super Rotation", which is done, but I have to wait for a technical improvement on RA's side to upload it.

Tried to contact yesterday to ask if he wanted to do the badges. I haven't got an answer yet, but if anyone wants to do them, please contact me or PKstarship.

Well... I ended up forgetting to officially propose a revision before doing these cheevos, so I'm proposing it now to promote these to the core set.

ColonD
Posted: 19 Aug, 2018 09:52
Neat! New achievements for a Tetris game is always fun :D

I might be able to do some of the badges if you would like?

Thoreau
Posted: 19 Aug, 2018 15:58
Oh, that's awesome! I'm very happy if you're willing to do it.

Please, sir, go ahead!

And thank you!

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account