RA Checksum: 906a3da585415529b20bd0708fd91486
CRC32 Checksum: C1F68C7A

Resources:
GameFAQs
Longplay
Wikipedia

feifabricio
Posted: 05 Jan, 2016 22:38
I need some help in the achievements of this game.

Many people are saying that does not work, or work at the wrong time.

I've done everything possible to find the values in memory, and believed he was right.
Could someone help me?

Thanks,

Estou precisando de uma ajuda nas conquistas desse jogo.

Muitas pessoas estão falando que não funciona, ou funciona em tempo errado.

Já fiz de tudo pra achar os valores em memoria, e acreditava que estava certo.
Alguem poderia me ajudar?

Obrigado.

SamuraiGoroh
Posted: 06 Jan, 2016 01:28
From what I've learned in previous fighting games plus because I'd labeled some addresses before, I can see where some issues may be.

You went and used the "Player Select" addresses and not the "Character Used" ones. This will likely create issues if it happens like what it did in one of the Street Fighter games where you could skip some battles by using 2 controllers. Then because "Character Used" read the player screen, you would have a different value than the expected.

I'm not sure but by the looks of it, I would think that you can reach the final level, then play with 2 controllers and lose & get the achievement (That's it if you can select the final character...). You may want to look for an address that tells you when a character is controlled by the player or the CPU, that should make the achievements more stable.

No idea with the Desperation Moves as it was something I didn't looked into. I can see that there are 3 reported and also mentioned on the comments though.

feifabricio
Posted: 06 Jan, 2016 01:49
The problem is in Desperation Move.
They sometimes works, sometimes not. It works in the wrong time.
The achievements on end I think it's good, even with the chance to cheat using play2.

SamuraiGoroh
Posted: 06 Jan, 2016 02:54
Last Edit: 06 Jan, 2016 03:31
I'll try the ending ones, but they don't look that safe to me.

For the desperation moves you should do the following for ALL of them (I tried Terry's and it didn't worked at first):
* P1 - Character (0x01f703)
* P1 - CPU controlled (0x01f75b) Bit0 = 0
* P1 - Health (0x01f761) <= 0x1E (30 in decimal)
* P1 - Animation (0x01f767); for Terry's move it started with (cb 4a or 0x4ACB when you code it)

Just find the values for the other fighters... (Note that the animation is 2 Byte size but you can't see it with 16-bit mode, so careful with the order)

Edit: Well, it didn't triggered by fighting a second player but it triggered when I unlocked the secret boss and not actually when seeing the credits, so there's something to take note...

Mezmerize
Posted: 06 Jan, 2016 13:17
Hello, thanks Feifabricio for working at that, i'll tried a lot of things for unlock the tung desesperation move but i found nothing to unlock it actually, i hope you can found a solution for this achievements and i hope you will do a good job for created a lot of other achievements :)

Mezmerize
Posted: 07 Jan, 2016 09:11
i tried a lot of things, (do the Tung desesperation move against all fighters(1P VS 2P and 1P VS CPU) to the right/left, all stage, i do the dream stage too) i'm really bored to try to found how to obtain this buggy achievements :( this is the last achievement and i got the Mastered for fatal fury special

Alexavelino123
Posted: 01 Dec, 2018 19:31
Suggestion.

Icon For game.

Spawncalibur
Posted: 16 Jan, 2019 18:11
New icon vote won 13 to 5. Archive of previous game icon which lost to current via community vote

DrPixel
Posted: 27 Apr, 2019 20:40
The old icon was outvoted and replaced (again), here's a backup of it:

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account