RA Checksum: e91a4da4f53b214704b3a99c4982f58e
CRC32 Checksum: 42012B7D

4. Turma da Monica em O Resgate (Brazil).sms
Turma da Monica em - O Resgate (B) [!].sms
Turma da Monica em - O Resgate (1993)(Sega - Tec Toy)(BR).bin
mpr-15999.ic1
RA Checksum: 56b3436304b8cecfe4e321ca029d5e80
CRC32 Checksum: 22CCA9BB

Since I already made the set for Dragon's Curse for RAPCE(which is the same game with some changed graphics), I'll just go ahead and make for this version as well. I'll try to change things around a little bit, but I'm not sure if there's much that can be changed. A few extra secret-rooms, maybe do more no-damage-bosses if I can, otherwise I'm not sure. The RAM is different in addresses, but almost all values are the same.

Resources:
GameFAQs
Longplay
Wikipedia

MGNS8M
Posted: 13 Apr, 2017 21:16
Last Edit: 13 Apr, 2017 21:54
Release Notes:

Imported everything from , almost everything had at least the same values, just at different addresses. Otherwise this original version is nearly identical, so I'm glad I had the experience from Dragon's Curse to easily remake them here. (Because really, how many people are going to put up with RAPCE as it currently is.)

Everything worked, only had to fix a few mistakes from copying things a little wrong.

Rich Presence was copy+paste-added, but from what I've seen it doesn't work in RAMeka yet.

The only major difference aside from the graphics between this game and Dragon's Curse is that there are some secret rooms and a secret-ability for a sword that didn't have that ability in Dragon's Curse for whatever reason. Because of that, if there are any questions or concerns, most of them should be answered in the Dragon's Curse thread.

The only real problem I had is that the secret Hospital in what I'm calling the Samurai Caverns... it had a different Shop-ID on two different playthroughs. It was always the same every time I entered it, but it was different on those two. SO... IF it gives me/you problems anyway, I might change it over to something easy like "beat Meka Dragon without taking damage", because currently he is excluded from the "beat any dragon without taking damage" achievement.

Otherwise the test I just did went by pretty well.

Anyway. Should be up soon-ish. Let me know if anything breaks, although I think by now everything I missed got fixed, and in some ways it's more efficient than Dragon's Curse currently is.

MGNS8M
Posted: 14 Apr, 2017 02:24
Last Edit: 14 Apr, 2017 02:33
For all y'all in the country of Brazil, I've quickly checked out the RAM, and I saw that "Turma da Monica em - O Resgate (B) [!].sms" *IS* compatible with this game, so if you absolutely must have tiny girl killing Dragons with Brazil-Portuguese text, it looooooks like it works? Hopefully? I mean I think it's just a hack anyway, so it should work anyway, but well, there you are.

Well, I say that, but actually my versions are a bit different from the EP versions, so you'll probably have to manually add the EP version to Wonder Boy III - The Dragons Trap yourself. But as far as I can tell the RAM lines up right anyway.

beefy2016
Posted: 29 Apr, 2017 16:02
Is there an SMS Achievement emulator in the works? I've noticed the Achievement lists for both Wonder Boy III and Sonic the Hedgehog so hopefully it won't be too long till it's released.

MGNS8M
Posted: 29 Apr, 2017 17:55
There is, but the thread got set to developer-only-mode, so only some of us can see to download it... that was after a lot of people got the emulator. I'm not sure why it's quarantined right now, but I suppose we're also trying to track down what's causing some heavy traffic, so that might be why. It's definitely out there and it does work, but I guess it's still back in beta-testing for the time-being, sorry...

shurygin2013
Posted: 20 May, 2017 08:03
Last Edit: 20 May, 2017 11:31
How to open Master Systems in the RAGENS emulator?

Dexterspet
Posted: 20 May, 2017 11:33

Protoblubb
Posted: 20 May, 2017 12:53
The topic is visible to developers only, however, as the emulator is still in beta. It hopefully will be available for everyone soon.

Silv3rSkull
Posted: 04 Jun, 2017 13:17
The only real problem I had is that the secret Hospital in what I'm calling the Samurai Caverns... it had a different Shop-ID on two different playthroughs. It was always the same every time I entered it, but it was different on those two.

In case this helps you ...

I was not able to trigger this in my first playthrough. I entered the Hospital, did not cure myself, and the achievement was not given. Then, later, when I had already gotten Hawk-man, I tried many times to re-visit the Hospital, cure myself there, but no success.

Then, today, I decided to load a password that was taken before the very first visit to the caves. I went straight to the secret Hospital and the achievement triggered.

MGNS8M
Posted: 04 Jun, 2017 14:51
Wow, that's really strange. Any other time I've used what I called a "Shop-ID" it was exactly the same every playthrough except that specific Hospital. I think I ended up putting in an Alt-Group, but there may be many possible IDs it takes for whatever weird reason. Well, good to know you were able to complete it otherwise, sorry there was some trouble..

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account