Resources:
GameFAQs
Longplay
Wikipedia

Posted: 04 Feb, 2014 14:15
I'll give it a shot

A. An achievement for picking up all three makes sense
B. Triple jump achievement first time?
C. Finishing a level with Under 10 seconds left?

I can't imagine much else cause I'm not sure if the game would have memory tracks for 100% each level

Posted: 11 Mar, 2015 16:46
Last Edit: 11 Mar, 2015 19:20
I'm getting several achievements not triggering. Between a Rock and a Sharp Place, Iceberg Make-over, That Sinking Feeling, He's Still Tailing You Big Guy. Shelving this game 'til these achievements and further achievements are confirmed working.

EDIT: Went back to try again just 'cause I'm tenacious, and it gave me every award I was missing sans Iceberg Make-over when I went to the file select. Weird.

EDIT 2: Stomped ALL THE WAY THROUGH the game back to Iceberg, not a fun slog, I assure you. Got all the items on the first stage and it flagged that time. Spectacular.

Posted: 11 Mar, 2015 23:07
The achievement look at the memory values stored when you clear the levels. Not sure why they weren't triggering initially, unless you weren't connected to the site. However they do back-enable because of what the achievements look for.

As for the make-over ones, you just have to get the 3 items in any stage of a particular world for it to trigger. Those do NOT back-enable. You can go back to any world and get them in any stage of that world though.

Posted: 12 Mar, 2015 00:27
Yeah, I figured as much. Just for some reason the applicable achievements didn't trigger. I was connected to the site as far as I know, 'cause achievements were working fine up 'til that point. Maybe it was just a hiccup or something.

Posted: 13 Mar, 2015 14:36
yeah, I went through the game recently and they all triggered perfectly for me. Think it was just a glitch in the system during your case. =(

Posted: 10 Oct, 2017 08:13
Last Edit: 10 Oct, 2017 08:33
-

Posted: 17 Jun, 2018 18:02
No More Monkey Business doesen't unlock for me.

Posted: 17 Jun, 2018 18:29

Posted: 18 Jun, 2018 09:35
I unlinked Donkey Kong (World) (Rev A) (SGB Enhanced).gb because I think the set has been created with the other rom: all tickets are from people using it and got when he used Donkey Kong (Japan, USA) (SGB Enhanced).gb.
Closed both opened tickets and edited the Master MD5s list :)

Posted: 05 Jun, 2019 04:09
Last Edit: 05 Jun, 2019 08:57
Using 4859ec2b18c4fabf489eb570c1d7d326 and 60e55697da19bb160316ec290a7a7437, last version of Retroarch and Gambatte.

They both trigger a lot of achievements at once when loading up the game for the first time. I hope this set can be fixed sometime :)

Edit: after trying a few methods I can tell that not all cores work well with RA, the only one that apparently works is Gearboy (Gambatte made this mess and Sameboy didnt unlock anything)

Posted: 31 May, 2020 18:02
Last Edit: 02 Jun, 2020 01:52
Hello. I plan to make new achievements for this game. I already started making 27 new achievements, 25 of them being speedrunning achievements for all the sets of four levels. I originally planned to make one speedrunning achievement for every individual level in the game, but I realized that this was a problem because it clogged up the achievement list, and also because many levels relied heavily on RNG, so it was luck on whether you could even beat the required time. Hence my choice to compress them down, and I think it works much better this way.

One of the other two achievements is getting a score of 500,000 points. The last one is beating the final level without using the three platforms on the upper part of the screen.

I also considered adding achievements for not dying in every set of four levels, but this may just lead to unnecessary clogging. Alternatively, I was thinking of having an achievement for each world, but with the player able to lose more than just one life during it, like 3 lives. Perhaps with it being dynamic, where you only get one life in world 0, but get 5 lives in world 8. And one other alternative is just beating the last world without losing a life (this includes ALL levels). This would be the most challenging achievement, but I think this game needs at least one somewhat difficult achievement. What I'm really looking for here is feedback. What does the community think is the best option for this matter?

And one thing I really need help with is creative names for the achievements (if I'm allowed to do that). If you have any clever names for any of the achievements I've mentioned, feel free to suggest anything. So far, the speedrunning ones are just called "Speedrun Stage 0-4/3-8/8-16/etc." The score one is "High Score!" The no platform one is "Head Not in the Clouds" (I know, I'm awful). And I have no ideas for the no/limited death ones.

So, if you have any questions or suggestions of any kind, please don't hesitate to speak them. And I'm sorry if I'm doing anything wrong in my posting here. This is the first game I've worked on, so I don't really know everything I'm supposed to do, despite my reading of the developer's page on making achievements. I hope you enjoy the final set should it be approved!

Posted: 02 Jun, 2020 02:04
Last Edit: 02 Jun, 2020 08:05
Something else I would like to do is edit the description for some of the achievements to make them more consistent. Right now, the achievements that you get when you beat every set of 4 levels says, "Complete World 3-4/World 7-8/etc.," but I think saying "stage" or "level" would be more accurate. To support this further, on the Wikipedia page for the game it has a part that says, "... The player is then presented with 97 additional stages spanning nine worlds, for a total of 101 stages ..." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donkey_Kong_(1994_video_game)
So there are only 10 worlds (9 if you don't count the first 4 levels, but I would count that) in the game, meaning a world should only be referred to as something that has 4-16 levels and ends in a boss fight with Donkey Kong (where you throw barrels at him).

In addition, I would like to change the rather easy achievements involving collecting Pauline's umbrella, handbag, and hat in one level for each world. Instead, I'd like to make it so you have to get EVERY umbrella, handbag, and hat in the entire world (this would have to be done in one session without going to the title screen. Partially due to the fact that the values for the achievements can't be carried over when closing the game, but also because it would be more challenging and fun). This would also require changing the score of the achievement to reflect their difficulty; maybe making world 1 give 5 points, world 8 giving 10 points, etc.

And again, if you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to speak them.

Posted: 02 Jun, 2020 07:34
Last Edit: 02 Jun, 2020 16:51
Here is my proposal for the points awarded for each achievement:

High Score! (get 500,000 points): 10

Head Not in the Clouds (beat the final stage without using the three platforms): 10

Speedrun Stage x-x (beat stage x-x with a total time of at least x seconds): Varies. Any set of stages that has you fight Donkey Kong at the end of a world (9 out of 25 of these) is worth 10 (this is because these fights can take up a lot of your time if not done optimally), and all others are worth 5 (16 out of 25).

x Make-over! (Collect Pauline's Umbrella, Hat, and Handbag in every world x level (one session)): Varies. With the exception of world 0 and 1, these are worth 5 or 10. World 0 only requires collecting one item in each level starting at 0-2 and ending at 0-4, so it's fairly easy, worth only 1 point. World 1 is worth 4 because it's the first true world (and therefore easy) and keeps the total points divisible by 5. The rest of the worlds depend on how many levels there are in them: 8 levels is worth 5 (2 out of the remaining 7 of these), and 12 and 16 levels is worth 10 (5 out of 7).

One Plumber vs. the World (and an Ape) (Beat world 9 without losing a life): 25

Achievements to be replaced:

x Make-over (Collect Pauline's Umbrella, Hat, and Handbag in a single World x level): Makes up a total of 35 of the current 230 points.

New total points:

(230) + [10 +10 +170 + 65 + 25] - {35} = 475

36 achievements currently exist, 8 achievements would be removed, and 37 would be added (in my current plan), making a total of 65 achievements.

If any changes are made, I will edit this post to reflect them. Suggestions for any changes are encouraged. All of these achievements are already made and work properly.

Posted: 05 Jun, 2020 00:44
All right, the set has been approved. I didn't release it right away because I actually did find an issue with the Make-over achievements, but it has been resolved. I also need to do some final testing for all the achievements just to make sure there is nothing I missed in my testing before. If I find there are no issues, I'll release it on the 6th or 7th. I really hope I'm done, though, because fixing the Make-over achievements was a complex, stressful, and hours-long process, and I just want to finally get this set done so I can sleep at night, lol.

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account